In this article, we will discuss Invisalign in Singapore, from how to get it to how much it costs. These days it is not uncommon for people who are well into their adulthood to straighten their teeth. The good thing is it doesn’t have to look unappealing because of this new technology that offers invisible aligners to get the job done.
An adult normally has 32 teeth. Except for the 4 wisdom teeth, all permanent ones should have completely replaced the temporary teeth by the time a child reaches the adolescent age of 13.
Having straight teeth is not common to everyone. Some people are born with small jaws that could barely contain all their permanent teeth. When a tooth erupts and has little space to fit itself in, you can be very well sure that the alignment of the teeth will be in disarray. This is why, if you notice, a lot of teens within the range of 13 to probably 18 years having metal braces attached to their teeth.
A lot of adults with misaligned teeth also want to get their pearly whites fixed and lined up. However, most shy away from metal braces because this set of appliance does not look flattering at all. Not when you are already holding down a job and your line of work entails meeting people on a daily basis. Is there another way to achieve that perfect, toothpaste ad worthy smile you have always dreamed about?
Invisalign is a brand of teeth aligners that can be tailored depending on a patient’s dental need. It is comprised of different sets of clear aligners that are used by the patient progressively over a period of time. Invisalign is a popular alternative as compared to metal braces because they are easy and comfortable to use.
What are the benefits of using Invisalign?
- Invisalign teeth aligners are easy to wear, remove, and clean.
- Invisalign teeth aligners look aesthetically pleasing as compared to metal braces.
- Invisalign teeth aligners will not require the patient to have any dietary restrictions.
- Invisalign teeth aligners rarely need maintenance and fixing.
- The patient’s risk of getting any kind if the injury in the mouth is low.
- The patient will find it easier to eat and do oral hygiene as the teeth aligners can be removed.
What are the disadvantages of using Invisalign?
The disadvantages of using Invisalign are:
- Cost of teeth aligners - Invisalign treatment is much more expensive than traditional braces.
- Risk of losing a set of teeth aligners - Because the teeth aligners are easily removed, there is a risk of losing them especially after a meal. Some patients have reported having thrown away their teeth aligners mistaking them for trash as they were wrapped in tissue. Losing a set of Invisalign teeth aligners will entail an additional cost for a new pair.
- Prolonged duration of treatment - If the patient fails to comply with the required number of hours that the teeth aligners should be used, expect your treatment to extend more time.
Is there pain involved when using Invisalign teeth aligners?
Tolerable discomfort and pain may be felt when the teeth begin to move and during times when the patient is eating.
Who are suitable to use Invisalign teeth aligners?
Invisalign treatment is suitable for both adults and teens. As long as the patient is willing to pay the cost of the treatment, which is much higher than traditional braces, and is keen to comply with the required number of hours (20 to 22 hours) in wearing the aligners, then Invisalign treatment will be just like a walk in the park.
Can Invisalign address all kinds of misaligned teeth?
Unfortunately, for the most complex teeth misalignment, Invisalign is not recommended. It is best to get your dentist or orthodontist’s opinion on this prior to deciding to use Invisalign.
Are all clear aligners available in the market Invisalign?
Invisalign is a standalone brand of clear aligners. Other clear aligners available in the market belong to a different company. It is important to know that while the products look similar, each may vary on the application, quality, materials, and execution.
How much does Invisalign usually cost in Singapore?
The cost of Invisalign in Singapore usually ranges from $8,000 to $10,000.
What are the factors that comprise the cost of Invisalign in Singapore?
The factors that comprise the cost of an Invisalign treatment are:
- Dentist or orthodontist’s professional fees;
- Duration and complexity of the procedure;
- Type of Invisalign package recommended for the patient’s dental profile.
What are the types of Invisalign packages?
There are three types of Invisalign packages:
- Invisalign i7 - This package is the cheapest and makes use of 7 sets of clear aligners.
- Invisalign Lite - This package usually uses a total of 14 sets of clear aligners with a treatment duration of 6 to 7 months. This is recommended for teeth needing minor corrections.
- Invisalign Full - This package is recommended for patients with complicated misalignment cases. The number of clear aligners will depend upon the need of the patient’s teeth misalignment condition.